Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Shower #1

July 18, 2008
18 weeks






A couple weeks before I was due to leave work for modified bed rest, my team threw a baby shower for me. They did such an amazing job not only with the details, but in keeping it a surprise. Just about everyone in our area showed up and I was so overwhelmed with all of their support and generosity. The babies received so many nice gifts and clothes. Michael got to see all the gifts when he got home and his favorite is the musical octupus. He's been practicing some of the basic tunes so he's ready to jam when the babies arrive. :-)
Being that it was casual Friday and summer hours, I wasn't dressed up. I think that's why they say never surprise a pregnany lady. That way she has time to do her hair and makeup.












Every few weeks up until the baby shower someone or some people, better know as the "Diaper Fairies" would leave a case of diapers in my cubicle with the most adorable little poems. No one has confessed to this so it's still a mystery. They had to be at the shower since the Diaper Genie had a tell tale poem.












The last gift that was opened were these three little boxes - one for each baby. The card the accompanied them was signed by just about everyone. Inside was a montetary gift for each baby that was beyond generous. It truly touched me at how people were so giving and looking forward to these three babies.

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Anticipating the birth of a child is always full of hopes, dreams and excitment. I'm thinking all of that is tripled for you! What a great group of people you work for!! Did I ever mention we have TWO moms at my Mothers of Preschoolers group who have triplets?? And there is another with twins!