Our babies now have names!
Baby A is Alaina Katherine
Baby B is Kiera Elizabeth
Baby C is Liam Michael
I would ponder night after night in the baby name books and make a list of what I thought were nice and suitable. Something that they can grow up with and not sound too juvenile.
Michael had picked out Liam's name as he has always liked it plus it is Gaelic for William. I threw Michael in as his middle name since it sounded nice together.
I really wanted Baby B to be Ruby Jean but Michael was not fond of Ruby and other family members laughed at it. Now I know why people keep their mouths shut until the baby is born before they share the name.
Baby A was nameless for a while.
Once I had a good list of girls names, I gave it to Michael to review. He checked off the names he liked then I had him number them in the order he liked. (Note: Ruby wasn't checked off. :-( )
One night the phone rang and it was my dad. He started by saying "You guys know I love you right? And that I would do anything for you, right?" I agreed then he proceeded to ask me if we were seriously considering naming one of the babies "Ruby". He thought I was joking so I handed the phone over to Michael who said I was serious although he didn't like the name.
The phone got handed back and all I could here was laughter on the other end. I told him some of the other names we had on the list and he asked if we were joking. "No" I replied which led to more laughter. He ended the conversation by saying that whatever we picked would be fine (I didn't know we needed a review board).
So back to the baby name books we went. Kiera was fairly easy to come up with and everyone seemed ok with that. My mom really loved that name. Alaina was another name we had on the list that the more we thought about it, the more we liked it. Her's we could nickname to "Lainey" if we chose but will wait until she is born to see what suits her more.
We are thrilled with the names we have chosen for our children and at this point, could care less what anyone else thinks. :-)
Oh yeah - here are some 21 weeks pictures of Alaina, Kiera and Liam.
ALAINA

ALAINA

KIERA

KIERA

LIAM

LIAM
1 comment:
That is exactly what happened to us. LOL If Ben had been a girl, we were going to name him Katherine Nynaeve (we found the middle name in a book). We didn't get laughed at but I think many were glad he was a boy. ;-) Oh & I also did the lists for both Nate & Jack. I put my top ten on there & then did combinations of them. Bob even took Jack's list with him on a 10 day hike & crossed off one a day. :-)
Post a Comment